- Stack pallets safely and at the appropriate heights.
- Perform physical counts on each pallet, check labeling and load tags. Report all inconsistencies to the operator immediately.
- Verify counts, utilize computer system, and clearly communicate information with supervisors and co-workers.
- Communicate with previous shift supervisor or material handler for any manufacturing, packing or shipping changes.
Essential Duties & Tool Operation
- Receives all raw materials that come into our facility (verifying what is expected to be received is the material received)
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers to verify product.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Utilizes tablets or requests for materials or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Deliver or return raw materials, patch, cartons, boxes, and tops to machines or warehouse as necessary.
- Able to operate a Bendy, Forklift, Clamp Truck, and Powered and/or Manual Hand Truck to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for return to warehouse.
- Maintain work areas in clean and orderly condition.
- Return all equipment to the designated area.
- Maintain all tape machines in folding area, including changing tape rolls on automatic and hand tape dispensers. Notify Maintenance Department of any malfunctions.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Job Type: Full-time
Shift: Primary will be 1st, required to work on 2nd and 3rd as needed.
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
Worcester Envelope Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All outside visitors are required to wear a mask. This is a position in which you will need to wear your mask throughout the day. Disinfecting the Cafeteria table where you eat afterwards is required. Social distancing is required.