Second Shift Machine Operator
Reports to: Operations Supervisor Employment Status: Non-Exempt
Hours worked: 3:00PM – 11:00PM, Monday – Friday. Overtime available.
Direct Hire position.
Inspect, pack, and record finished products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all safety procedures, including running machines only when guards are in place, wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, report all near misses and incidents immediately.
- Inspect quality of envelopes, measure windows and inspect printing.
- Lift stacks of envelope blanks to feed machine.
- Read job orders and confirm envelope configuration in job specifications.
- Count and record production.
- Maintain order, keep area free of debris, clean, sweep, etc.
- Maintain operation in the absence of the adjuster and assist with giving breaks to other operators.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the department supervisor or lead.
- Move in tight areas, sometimes in awkward positions.
- Decision making and problem-solving abilities.
- Communicate with Supervisors and Peers
- Handle heavy objects.
- Ensure quality assurance.
- Read, write, and communicate information.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication) with whole numbers and fractions.
- Ability to read and understand measurements.
Education and Experience
High school or technical school training.
Employee will be moving for the length of the shift, walk, stand, lift continuously. Must have finger and hand dexterity. May reach, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crouch, and reach at odd angles. The plant is constructed on concrete floors.
Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment
Occasionally moves/lifts 25 pounds; moves items over 100 pounds (with mechanical assistance).
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision; Distance vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception; Ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to see and distinguish between colors.
Typical manufacturing environment including prolonged exposure to loud machine & noises, temperature varies, continuously working around machinery with fast, moving parts. the employee is occasionally exposed to or works within proximity of Toxic or caustic chemicals; Extreme cold (non-weather); Extreme heat (non-weather); Risk of electrical shock; the employee is regularly working near moving mechanical parts; Work in high, precarious places. The entire plant area is built on concrete floors.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
Masks are required upon entry into the building. Cafeteria Tables are expected to be wiped down after use. Heavily trafficked areas are wiped down daily.